Wednesday, May 11, 2011

There's Roses Among The Thorns, LOOK!

I was so against Facebook, frankly I still am. I really dislike the fact the a lot of people feel the need to post their really personal business. What bothers me the most is when people post negative thoughts about their children, spouses, or family. I also hate that  there's really no personality to it. Bland, boring, dull if you ask me.  Facebook reunited me with a jr high crush, pffft, could've gone a whole nother life time without that connection.  Now I will say this, Facebook has connected me with some really truly lovely people such as old girlfriends from jr. high (Apparently they dated the same dork I did, thanks for the warning!) Some other truly inspiring photographers, and even some forgotten family.  So while I still hate Facebook, I will keep it. Sometimes God puts roses among the thorns you just have to LOOK!

4 comments:

  1. The thing that annoyed me about Facebook as a new user was the crummy user interface (practically a blank page), the lack of instruction (what is this and how does it work???) and the number of people talking absolute rot (which is why I don't Twitter) Further, just how many photos of other people's tots and pregnant bellies do I need to look at???
    However, people whose opinions I respect assure me that FB will become an important place to network for business, as opposed to a place to post pictures of your grandmother's cat, so I'm going to hang in there for now and see what the landscape looks like in a year or so....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm only thankful for the few friends I have been reunited with...the rest of the stuff on Facebook to me is pointless. All I see are people complaining about their life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Facebook is like a fine wine....taken in moderation, it’s quite good. Manage your privacy controls very, very carefully, I say. There’s nothing worse than having your comments and pictures spread all over the Internet for all to see and read.

    ReplyDelete